Thursday, January 13, 2011

January meeting

Tonight we were Barry, Malcolm White, Gordon, Morris, Mike Redman, Michael Polley, Jed, Guy Unwin, Dan Heeks ( me ). I collected membership money from 7 of us. Guy showed us some metal bird feeders that he had made. They were shiny garden sculptures as well as being functional. Michael got us thinking some more about intelligent clothing. Jed told us about his recent successes with local business. I showed everyone some of the milling I had been doing and told them about my software. Guy had also brought in a simple portable exercise bike that he had bought, that you could put under the desk and pedal while working on your computer. I need something like this, so I have decided to buy the PowerPlus Cougar, which can power my laptop while I pedal it. See the picture.

1 comment:

Dan Heeks said...

I ordered this pedal power generator, but then read the specification more closely and saw that although the battery pack is capable of outputting 100 Watts, the generator part only generates 10 Watts, so I would have to pedal for 10 hours to be able to get 100 Watts for an hour! I cancelled my order the next morning and got my money back.